“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” – Hebrews 11:1
It’s amazing what we will and won’t allow ourselves to believe. For example:
- We know that light travels 186,000 miles a second, even though we’ve personally never measured it.
- A scientist can tell us that there are 100 trillion stars in the sky, and we accept it without question.
- We accept as absolute fact that an atom has neutrons and electrons spinning around a nucleus, even though we have never seen any of them.
- We agree that Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg Address and that E does, in fact, equal MC².
- We pride ourselves on being logical creatures who demand proof before believing most things. How is it, then, that we accept all these things as facts, without ever demanding the proof of their authenticity?
And why is it that so many of us will reject Jesus – risking our eternal souls, even when presented with solid proof? What proof, you may ask?
- The witness of thousands of people who saw the miracles of Jesus!
- Testimonies from dozens who witnessed His death, only to see Him alive after His resurrection.
- The fulfillment of prophecies concerning Jesus. Even after being shown so much solid evidence, many enlightened people reject Jesus as “just some myth for the gullible.” In fact, the divinity of Jesus is just about the only thing people refuse to accept, even when the evidence is overwhelming. Tell me, where is the logic in that? Logic goes out the window when people talk about Jesus.
What about you? Are you willing to accept the truth of Jesus on faith? In fact, it’s the ONLY way you can accept Him. So, go ahead, take that leap of faith. Once you do, your life will be changed forever.