What if a messenger service delivered this message to you today: “This is your last day to live.” After you caught your breath, what would you do? Most of us would want to know if this was for real, or had someone had played some kind of sick joke on us. But for today, let’s assume the message is for real. Would you:
- Try to think of more ways to make some fast money?
- Stay late at the office to get everything caught up for the person who would be taking over for you?
- Use your remaining time being with and loving your family?
- Express thanks to those who’ve helped you along the way?
- Seek to get right with God?
None of us knows the number of days God has planned for us. Don’t put off until tomorrow the really important things you can do today – like the most important of all – getting right with God. God became a man in the person of Jesus to show us how. Start there, and show your family how much you love them. Surprise them by coming home early when you can. Tell them you love them – every day. Plan fun things to do with them. Or help someone – someone who needs you at the office, in the neighborhood, or maybe someone who just needs a friend.
It may not be the last day you live here on earth, but it may become a great day for you and those you care about. Then, again, we just don’t know. So, why wait? Be the person God created you to be…TODAY.