“…I will put my laws upon their heart, and on their mind I will write them.” – Hebrews 10:16
There’s a lot of talk about values, like family values or traditional values. The cover of one of Newsweek magazines asked, “Whose Values?”
Let me offer a suggestion; it’s very old but very contemporary. How about the values that come from man’s Creator – from God Himself?
They go like this:
* You shall have no other gods before Me.
* You shall not make for yourself an idol.
* You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
* Remember the Sabbath day.
* Honor your father and mother.
* You shall not murder.
* You shall not commit adultery.
* You shall not steal.
* You shall not bear false witness.
* You shall not covet.
These are not suggestions for when you feel they are appropriate. They are absolute commands. They tell us how to live life to the fullest.
I encourage you to adopt God’s Big Ten. You’ll find they are key to living life to the fullest.