“But of that day and hour no one knows…” – Matthew 24:36
When will Jesus return?
Christians have been speculating about it for centuries.
So, what exactly do the prophecies in the Old and New Testaments have to say?
Jesus very clearly states that no one will know the exact day and time; however, there are definite prophecies that give a clear indication that we are nearing the end of life and this world as we know it.
Here are a few strong indicators that we are already seeing in great numbers:
- An increase in false teachers and messiahs.
- False teaching is anything contrary to God’s written word. We see this today not only in cults but also inside and outside the church.
- Wars and rumors of wars.
- The 20th Century was the bloodiest and war-torn century in all of history. Sadly, the 21st Century is on track to be even worse.
- Increase in natural disasters.
- Earthquakes, fires, tsunamis, hurricanes, famines, and floods.
These occurrences will be like birth pangs, increasing in frequency, and intensity as the birth approaches. While these events are very revealing when reflecting on the “signs” of which Jesus speaks, He made it clear that the exact date would remain a mystery: “No one knows the time.” So, if someone ever sets a specific time, you can be sure he or she is a false prophet.
We must be ready all the time because one thing is certain, these birth pangs will continue to increase.
Will you be ready when He returns?
Written by Bryant Wright, Founder, RFTH