“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” – Luke 12:34 NIV
What does Jesus say about money? He says we have to choose between God and money. What? Well, He teaches us money management! He helps us master our money, rather than letting money master us, and He does it through these principles:
- Spend less than you earn. Know where you stand with what you have and where you spend it.
- Develop a budget plan. A good budget has five key considerations:
- Giving to God. Begin here. Giving first shows you trust Him, and not money.
- Savings and Investments. This helps with short-term surprises and long-term needs.
- Taxes. God’s Word tells us to pay what we owe.
- Fixed Expenses. This includes things like mortgage, utilities, cars, etc.
- Discretionary Spending. This includes entertainment, clothes, furniture, etc.
God’s ways for money management. They work.