“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” – Galatians 5:22-23
Scrooge is making a comeback this Christmas, reappearing in many hearts. So, are you more like Scrooge or like a Christian? Let’s do some comparison illustrations:
- Scrooge is stingy as Hell. A true Christian is as generous as Heaven who gave us God’s Son.
- Scrooge hoards all he can. A true Christian gives all he/she can.
- Scrooge fears he’ll lose it all. A true Christian trusts in the Lord for all.
- Scrooge is haughty to the poor. A true Christian loves the poor and helps those in need.
- Scrooge worships at the Church of Dow Jones, while sometimes claiming belief in God. A true Christian worships the Lord and professes to be a sinner saved by grace.
- Scrooge resents joy in bad economic times. A true Christian feels joy for the Good News of Jesus’ birth.
- Scrooge feels entitled to all he’s earned. A true Christian feels thankful for what he/she has.
- Scrooge says, “Bah Humbug” to Christmas. A true Christian says, “Merry Christmas” because Jesus the Savior is born.
Are you like Scrooge or a true Christian? What would God say? It’s time for the true Christian to shine for Christ this Christmas.
Do these devotions bless or encourage you?
If so, would you please consider making a year-end contribution, so that the ministry continues?
Donate safely and securely online