It’s amazing how easily the “Scrooge” mentality can sneak into our hearts during Christmas. So, what’s the difference between a Christmas Scrooge and a true Christian? Let’s take a look:
- Scrooge is stingy as Hell.
- A true Christian is as generous as Heaven, which gave us God’s Son.
- Scrooge hoards all he can.
- A true Christian gives all he/she can.
- Scrooge fears he’ll lose it all.
- A true Christian trusts in the Lord for all.
- Scrooge is haughty to the poor.
- A true Christian loves the poor and helps those in need.
- Scrooge worships at the Church of Dow Jones, while sometimes claiming belief in God.
- A true Christian worships the Lord and professes to be a sinner saved by grace.
- Scrooge resents joy in bad economic times.
- A true Christian experiences joy at the Good News of Jesus’ birth – no matter the economy’s highs or lows.
- Scrooge feels entitled to all he’s earned.
- A true Christian is thankful for all he/she has.
- Scrooge says, “Bah Humbug” to Christmas.
- A true Christian says, “Merry Christmas” in celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.
Are you like Scrooge or a true Christian? What would God say? It’s time for the true Christian to shine for Christ this Christmas.
Do these devotions bless or encourage you?
We are 100% donor-supported. Would you prayerfully consider becoming a regular financial supporter of the ministry? Even a small monthly donation cumulatively has a significant impact in allowing us to reach and disciple people all over the world!
Click here to donate safely and securely online.