“The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the good news.” – Mark 1:15
The Bible says that Jesus proclaimed the Gospel. Gospel means Good News – but there is more. “Gospel” means good news that follows bad news. So what’s the bad news?
* The bad news is that we’re all natural born sinners. It gets worse.
* Sin separates us from God. It gets worse.
* If we die separated from God because of our sin, we’ll spend eternity in Hell, separated from God. If that’s not bad enough, hold on. It gets worse.
* The only way to avoid Hell by works is by absolute perfection. And nobody has ever done that – except one. His name is Jesus.
Here’s where the Good News that follows bad news begins.
* God loves us so much that He sent His son, Jesus, to save us from sin, death, and Hell.
* He did that when He died on the cross and paid the penalty for our sins.
* If we acknowledge that our sin has separated us from God and trust Him as our only hope of salvation, we receive salvation from sin, death and Hell.
* And more Good News – He gives us abundant, eternal life that begins in the here and now the moment we accept salvation through faith.
Now that’s Good News that follows mighty bad news! I hope you believe it!