“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” – Galatians 5:22-23 NIV
Scrooge is making a comeback this Christmas, reappearing in many hearts. So, are you more like Scrooge or like a true Christian? Let’s do some comparison illustrations:
- Scrooge is stingy as Hell. True Christian is generous as Heaven who gave us God’s Son.
- Scrooge hoards all he can. True Christian gives all he can.
- Scrooge fears he’ll lose it all. True Christian trusts in the Lord for all.
- Scrooge is haughty to the poor. True Christian loves the poor and helps those in need.
- Scrooge worships at the Church of Dow Jones, while sometimes claiming belief in God. True Christian worships the Lord while professing to be a sinner saved by grace.
- Scrooge resents joy in bad economic times. True Christian feels joy for the Good News of Jesus’ birth.
- Scrooge feels entitled to all he’s earned. True Christian feels thankful for what he has.
- Scrooge says “Bah Humbug” to Christmas. True Christian says “Merry Christmas” because Jesus the Savior is born.
Are you like Scrooge or Christian? What would God say? It’s time for the true Christian to make a comeback this Christmas.
Do these devotions bless or encourage you?
If so, would you prayerfully consider making a year-end contribution to help support our Mission: “To reach and disciple people for Jesus Christ, via the media” ?
Donate safely and securely online or mail your donation to 1507 Johnson Ferry Road, Suite 100, Marietta, GA 30062