So Where Does That Leave Us? Page 5 of 7
Well, because of what Jesus accomplished for us on the cross, we can experience a different identity than the "sinner" identity we inherited from Adam and Eve. Instead of being "in Adam" we now have the option of choosing to be "in Christ." What are the benefits of being "in Christ?"
- You are justified and redeemed 1
- You are holy, set apart 2
- You are a new creation 3
- You are liberated 4
- You are blessed with every spiritual blessing 5
- You are forgiven 6
- You have life! 7
Through faith in Jesus Christ, all these things plus many more wonderful changes too numerous to include here can be true of you. You may have heard evangelists and perhaps street corner preachers use the term "repent." That term basically means to change your mind. It means that you reject your old "King-of-the-Mountain" life. By faith, you believe that your old life was crucified with Christ on the cross nearly 2000 years ago. 8
- 1 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;"
- Romans 3:23-24 (Read this chapter in the Bible)
- 2 "To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours: "
- 1 Corinthians 1:2 (Read this chapter in the Bible)
- 3 "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come."
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 (Read this chapter in the Bible)
- 4 "It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."
- Galatians 5:1 (Read this chapter in the Bible)
- 5 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,"
- Ephesians 1:3 (Read this chapter in the Bible)
- 6 "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace"
- Ephesians 1:7 (Read this chapter in the Bible)
- 7 "But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us"
- Ephesians 2:5 (Read this chapter in the Bible)
- 8 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."
- Galatians 2:20 (Read this chapter in the Bible)