There’s a lot of talk about values, like family values or traditional values. The cover of one of Newsweek magazines asked, “Whose Values?”
Let me offer a suggestion; it’s very old but very contemporary. How about the values that come from man’s Creator – from God Himself?
They go like this:
* You shall have no other gods before Me.
* You shall not make for yourself an idol.
* You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
* Remember the Sabbath day.
* Honor your father and mother.
* You shall not murder.
* You shall not commit adultery.
* You shall not steal.
* You shall not bear false witness.
* You shall not covet.
These are not suggestions for when you feel they are appropriate. They are absolute commands. No negotiation. They tell us how to live life to the fullest.
I encourage you to adopt God’s Big Ten. You’ll find they are key to living life to the fullest.