Scrooge is making a comeback this Christmas, reappearing in many hearts. So, are you more like Scrooge or like a Christian? Let’s do some comparison illustrations:
1. Scrooge is stingy as Hell. Christian is generous as Heaven who gave us God’s Son.
2. Scrooge hoards all he can. Christian gives all he can.
3. Scrooge fears he’ll lose it all. Christian trusts in the Lord for all.
4. Scrooge is haughty to the poor. Christian loves the poor and helps those in need.
5. Scrooge worships at the Church of Dow Jones, while sometimes claiming belief in God. Christian worships the Lord while professing to be a sinner saved by grace.
6. Scrooge resents joy in bad economic times. Christian feels joy for the Good News of Jesus’ birth.
7. Scrooge feels entitled to all he’s earned. Christian feels thankful for what he has.
8. Scrooge says “Bah Humbug” to Christmas. Christian says “Merry Christmas” because Jesus the Savior is born.
Are you like Scrooge or Christian? What would God say? It’s time for the true Christian to make a comeback this Christmas.