When a team – an organization – a mission – gets off track, it’s time to focus on the basics. With marriages and families under attack, perhaps this would be a great time to look at the basics of marriage. Specifically, why did God create marriage in the first place?
1. God created marriage for procreation. (Genesis 1:28)
2. Man is to be in partnership with his wife in managing the earth, in practicing good conservation, and in caring for the environment. (Genesis 1:28)
3. Marriage is for companionship. (Genesis 2:18)
4. Marriage is for mutual sexual pleasure. The Bible is very clear that when a man and woman are married, their bodies are no longer just under the ownership of themselves, but is for the joy of their mate. (Genesis 2:24 and I Corinthians 7:2-5)
5. Marriage is about the highest ideal of human relationships – an exclusive commitment for life that reflects Christ’s commitment to His church. (Ephesians 5:22-33)
This is Marriage 101:the simple basics of a championship marriage.