Amidst all the press, the hype, it’s sure tough to remember what’s most important in voting for a President. Here’s what to think about:
- Integrity: the President is called to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution.
- Responsibility: the President serves as commander-in-chief of the armed forces.
- Judgment: the President has the power to grant pardons and with consent of the Senate, to make treaties and appoint ambassadors to represent the United States.
- Discernment: the President appoints judges for the Supreme Court and many other federal courts – a most lasting legacy.
- Leadership: The President brings information and recommendations to Congress.
The Constitution gives the job description of the presidency. So let’s pray and seek God’s will as to who is best qualified for the job. And vote. It’s a great privilege, and you are flat-out eat up with “sorriness” if you can and don’t. Believe me, that’s right from my heart!