Losing a loved one or close friend is never easy. If you have recently faced the death of someone you love, or know someone who has, understanding the stages of grief can help.
* Numbness – an inability to feel when the news of death arrives.
* Denial – a sense of disbelief that the person is really gone.
* Tearful Emotion – the reality of permanent separation sets in.
* Anger – a hurt at God or at life as the world continues and you are hurting so badly.
* Depression – a feeling there is little reason to live. Life may seem meaningless when the loss of a loved one has occurred.
* Acceptance – coming to terms with the loss and beginning to move on.
The grieving process takes time, sometimes months and sometimes years, but it can be overcome. The greatest strength for getting through it can be found in the Lord. Remember, God understands grief. He knows what it’s like to have a child die. He saw His own Son, Jesus, die for us all. He loves you and wants to help you overcome your grief. Just tell Him you need His help and He’ll be there for you every time.