What Is The Meaning Of Man? May 25 2012
"Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being." - Genesis 2:7
The first two chapters of the Bible explain the meaning of man.
* Man is distinct from the animals. We're made in the image of God. We can think abstractly like God. We can reason, create, and appreciate beauty and moral order.
* We're to be fruitful and multiply in the context of marriage. Sex is a great gift invented by God for mutual enjoyment and procreation, but for marriage only.
* We're called to rule over creation. We are to care for the environment and all of God's creation. We are His managers, with a great responsibility.
* We're to maintain balance between work and rest. Work is a gift--a key to fulfillment--to be done for God's glory. But God initiated a day of rest as well.
* We are created to have a relationship with God through trust and obedience. When we don't, we mess it up big time.
You are reading a Daily Devotion from Right From The Heart. We invite you to share it, leave a comment, and subscribe to the daily email or RSS feed.
Subscribe to the Daily Devotion
We send out the devotion terribly early every morning. Enter your email address to get on the list.
|Tue, Jun 18||Even Though He Was Guilty (5)|
|Mon, Jun 17||Done In The Name Of Religion (10)|
|Sun, Jun 16||Being A Father Is A Big Deal (2)|
|Sat, Jun 15||The Gavel May Fall On You (2)|
|Fri, Jun 14||Meeting Life's Challenges (5)|
|Thu, Jun 13||I Listen|
|Wed, Jun 12||Why Can't We Just Love Each Other? (13)|