God's Spirit is Our Helper Feb 25 2012
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." - John 14:26
Here's something interesting. The verse above is from the New American Standard version; it translates the Greek word "paraclete" (which means the "Holy Spirit") as the Helper. Compare this with other translations:
- The King James Version translates Helper as Comforter.
- The New International Version translates Helper as Counselor.
- The New English Version translates Helper as Advocate.
- Helper = He empowers us with a “want to” to follow Christ in faith.
- Advocate = He reminds us that God is for us and loves us.
- Counselor = He is our teacher and guides us in how to understand and apply God's Word to our everyday life. He gives us wisdom.
- Comforter = He is our greatest, most compassionate encourager in a time of need.
You are reading a Daily Devotion from Right From The Heart. We invite you to share it, leave a comment, and subscribe to the daily email or RSS feed.
Subscribe to the Daily Devotion
We send out the devotion terribly early every morning. Enter your email address to get on the list.